"Desafinado," a Portuguese word meaning "Off Key", is the title of this bossa nova song composed by the legendary "Father of Bossa Nova", Antônio Carlos Jobim.
Jobim also wrote "Girl From Ipanema".
Both songs were instant international hits when released on the 1963 Album Getz/Gilberto, featuring American jazz saxophonist Stan Getz, the Brazilian singer João Gilberto, and Gilberto's wife at the time, Astrud Gilberto, performing Jobim's songs.
The version of "Desafinado" by Stan Getz and Charlie Byrd (from the album Jazz Samba) was a major hit in the U.S., reaching number 15 and number 4 on Billboard's pop and easy-listening charts.
The song was voted by the Brazilian edition of Rolling Stone as the 14th greatest Brazilian song of all time.
- Coming Attractions: Instant Downloads
- Showmanship Tips: It's Worth Noting
- Magic History 101: Vintage Ball Vases
- Performance: Peter Monticup - 2011 Boardwalk Cafe
- Magic Movies: Carl Reiner and Sid Caesar
- Performance: Kazar
- My Magic Adventures: Banking Country Style
- Performance: Randy Forgaard
- Performance: Scott Orlando - Crazy Cards
- Musical Interlude: "60s Flashback Medley"